From the Ground Up with Gretchen Donovan
Saturdays in March, 2018
From the Ground Up:
A practical guide for enthusiastic beginners and seasoned practitioners alike.
with Gretchen Donovan
A four-week course teaching hands on essential information rarely taught in weekly classes due to time constrictions and the nuances of alignment, anatomy and philosophy in a comprehensive format from feet to skull. Build a foundation for greater freedom in your body and more ease in your mind through greater awareness and action.
- Week one: the sacred feet
- Week two: open hips, open mind
- Week three: trusting your gut
- Week four: the shoulder blues and holding your head high
- Do you want to learn and know more about yoga and your relationship with it?
- Have you been going to yoga classes but don’t feel like you’re progressing?
- Does it feel like other students/teachers know something you don’t?
- Do you feel uncomfortable, anxious/awkward and not at ease in your body?
- Do you feel like you or others in class are “showing off “or struggling even unintentionally?
In a supportive environment, we will graft our way up the body from the base of the feet to the crown of the head structurally, energetically and emotionally. The two hour weekly sessions will incorporate these vital concepts in a practical and easy to understand approach without rush.
• Somatic awareness
• Proper alignment / Posture and the emotional body
• Prop usage
• The significance of yoga and the central nervous system
• Fundamental Yoga Sutra’s to appreciate and reflect
• Yamas and Niyamas ( from the 8 limbs of yoga)
Our hurried competitive lifestyles tend to extend into everything we do including our yoga practice. Yoga has become an industry where big companies are making a lot of money selling paraphernalia and a particular persona yet the foundational teachings are often lost.
Yoga: The ancient art of self-healing is accessible to everybody regardless of size, shape, age, strength or flexibility. It’s about tapping into the innate intelligence of our body, recognizing and honoring our limitations and using wisdom and compassion to guide us deeper into relationship with others and ourselves. Ultimately, Yoga is about creating a deeper level of intimacy with reality. After completion, you will have a new curiosity; feel more self-assured and fully engaged on and off your mat.
March Moksha (liberation)
4 Saturdays @ YDM from 2 to 4pm
March 3, 17, 24, 31
Yoga Alliance 20 CEU’s available
Investment: $349 ($399 after February 23)
Includes 45min. private session with Gretchen
It is recommended to register for the course in its entirety, however modules are offered separately upon request.
For more information please contact Gretchen Donovan firstname.lastname@example.org