Principles of Movement for Vital Living with Chris Morris
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Principles of Movement for Vital Living
Experience a Deep Dive into Alignment, Healthy Movement, Injury Rehab and the importance of Felt Sense
with Chris Morris
Have you ever wondered WHY yoga alignment is so important and WHY different teachers give different alignment cues?
Has your yoga practice ever caused or contributed to an injury in your body and it made you nervous or hesitant to continue your practice?
Have you ever wondered HOW you could heal injuries through your yoga practice (especially if they were created there?)
Do you ever wonder WHY some yoga teachers talk about the Felt Sense (which has a scientific name of Interoception) and WHY it’s so important?
In this practical and practice-improving workshop, Chris will help you understand the principles behind these concepts so you are more educated and empowered to make the just right alignment for your body. We will dive into the latest science of fascia and soft tissue (beyond the rehydrating MELT Method) and help you understand what you need to stay healthy and resilient as we continue to move on and off the mat, into our mid-life and beyond.
In this workshop you will learn:
- how to train and use your myofascia (muscle-fascia) for resilience and health beyond Melt rehydration (rehydration is only one component of fascia health)
- how to understand your inherent posture in yoga poses
- how and why of healthy alignment in yoga poses
- how (and when) to heal yoga injuries and keep practicing
- how to avoid the most common yoga injuries
- how to condition and strengthen shoulders and hips for different types of movement beyond the mat
- how to integrate both deep core engagement and outer sleeve engagement for optimal safety and support