Online Workshop - Yoga Therapy for Back Pain & Sciatica
Saturday, October 3, 2020
Sciatica, or pain in the back of the hip or down the leg, is so common these days. Stop worrying this will just get worse as you age! There are solutions. In this workshop we will explore the brief anatomy and biomechanics of the lumbar spine in relation to the sciatic nerve, as well as participate in a therapeutic sequence involving asana to create space of the nerve as well as stabilize, breathwork and meditation. You will leave feeling lighter and freer in your low back, pelvis and hips with tips you can use safely at home, including traction!
This workshop is perfect for all levels of yoga practitioners, especially if you feel frustrated that you are missing out on activities you enjoy, like getting on the ground to play with your kids or grandkids. In this workshop you will learn common causes, and how to solve this issue. Don’t let low back and sciatic issues hold you back from enjoying the life you desire. Alison has helped many people return back to gardening, hiking, yoga and more without the fear of ending up stuck on the couch.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn what sciatica really is
- The secret of how the hips are connected to sciatica pain
- A simple technique to manage stress to help reduce muscle tension
- How to Strengthen and stabilize to offload the sciatic nerve
- Step by step formula to reduce discomfort and gain confidence in your body
- Learn a quick and easy home practice to suit your body’s needs
Yoga Therapy for Back Pain & Sciatica
with Dr Alison McLean
Saturday, October 3, 2020
1:30 – 3:30 PM
$40 early registration ($45 on the day)
- This webinar will be an INTERACTIVE live-streaming event!
- You will have the opportunity to watch the recording for 24 hours after the event.
- Join from the privacy and comfort of your home through Zoom.
- You will join the webinar with no video (no need to get dressed up),
- But, you will have the opportunity to ask questions during the webinar
- Pre-Registration is essential
- Zoom Webinar Invitation will be emailed 1 hour before the workshop begins
Dr Alison McLeanguest teacher
Alison McLean DPT, E-RYT, CIAYT has been a practicing Yogi since 2001, and has utilized Yoga Therapy to heal from injuries herself! Following receiving her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Chapman University, Alison has completed several Yoga Therapy trainings from experienced teachers such as Rachel Krentzman, Judith Hansen Lasater, and Carolyn Belko. Her classes are a unique blend of all her experiences and education.Read more >